Technical SEO is the process of optimizing your website to help search engines like Google find, understand, and index your pages.
Although modern search engines like Google are relatively good at discovering and understanding content, they’re far from perfect. Technical issues can easily prevent them from crawling, indexing, and showing web pages in the search results.
In this post, we’ll cover a few technical SEO best practices that anyone can implement, regardless of technical prowess.
- Ensure important content is ‘crawlable’ and ‘indexable’
- Use HTTPs
- Fix duplicate content issues
- Create a sitemap
- Use hreflang for multilingual content
- Redirect HTTP to HTTPS
- Use schema markup to win ‘rich snippets’
- Fix orphaned pages
- Make sure your pages load fast
- Use schema to improve your chance of Knowledge Graph inclusion
- Don’t nofollow internal links